The APU PALAMGUWAN CULTURAL EDUCATION CENTER (APC) is a DepEd-recognized indigenous school offering culture-based education to the children and youth of Upper Pulangi, Bukidnon. APC’s main branch in Sitio Bendum, Barangay Busdi offers Kinder to Grade 12 classes. APC also operates connecting schools in four other villages that offer Kinder up to Grade 3.
The APC School in Sitio Bendum is looking for mission-oriented individuals who would like to work with and serve Indigenous Peoples and make a difference for them. The APC school is in need of the following:
- School Administrator – to develop and maintain administrative systems to enable the school to continue making relevant and contextualized education accessible to indigenous children and youth. See details here.
- Curriculum Developer – to design two college-level courses in a culture-based context. See details here.
- Documentation and Communications Assistant – provides documentation support to APC programs and contributes to the development of institutional communication materials while managing the use and development of various communication and online media to effectively share and present APC’s work programs, activities, and engagements to the broader public. See details here.
- Financial Manager – responsible for managing all the financial operations, regular donor and institutional reporting, budgeting, disbursing funds, overseeing auditing and tax functions, and reviewing current systems, policies, and procedures appropriate for a non-profit organization that promotes culture-based education. (see full job description)
- Agroecology Practitioner – responsible for developing a training design for the agroecology
program in the Farm School of the APC-FFLM Unit and teaching agroecology methods and practices to the youth. (see full job description)
- Farm Manager – responsible for developing and enhancing the organic sustainability of the school farm and household needs, oversees crop and livestock production in the farm and ensures that farm activities are ecologically sustainable. The position also facilitates the documentation of farming practices to be translated into learning materials and methods for conducting training courses on organic agriculture. (see full job description)